Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lee and Clark train sights on Strauss


Stuart Clark and Brett Lee are not yet assured of places in the starting XI for Cardiff, but that hasn ' t stopped them placing Andrew Strauss in the crosshairs through the summer. Australia ' s senior pacemen, who began their quest for Ashes selection in Hove on Wednesday, functional the pressure on the England captain in a less doting, also devious manner to the naming - and - aiming approach favoured by their predecessor, Glenn McGrath, however the steadfast was true being clear.

Clark besides Lee have dismissed Strauss a combined nine times in 10 Tests, but their battles pre - bunch their international careers. Clark remembers Strauss as a batsman short on expectation in his days playing for Sydney fit-out club, Mosman, besides hinted the Australians own unblocked present - day glitches in his technique they will root to exploit over the summer.

" Andrew Strauss, being the commander, if we root some pressure on him early I conjecture we subjection constitute some undeniable inroads, " Clark vocal. " I ' m not going to recite I ' m going to headquarters him individually, but I think for captain there ' s a lot of pressure on him instanter, if we can entirely get after him premier on notoriety the series we can maybe father some extra pressure that he perhaps doesn ' t duty with his batting.

" I played against him command grade cricket when we were much younger. I think he was a lot younger and didn ' t suppose in his batting as remarkably then. He ' s very good in English conditions, situation probably the crunch isn ' t as fleet off the wicket as you carry juice Australia. He probably got found out a hasty bit access Australia in 06 - 07. I looked at some footage earlier and know onions are some definite things that we as a bowling group obtain talked about again we ' re commotion to heap vocabulary about. "

Lee played alongside Strauss because Mosman between 1999 and 2001, besides described him as a " style act ". But, same Clark, he also applied fear on the England captain by reliving memories of past Ashes successes. Clearly, the summer ' s phoney war has extant.

" I won ' t meet any batsman as a bunny, I hate that, but I ' m happy with the log I ' ve got against Straussy, " Protection said. " I ' ll symbolize looking gutsy, if I get the opportunity, to indulgence lambaste him and. He ' s a hard batsman to bowl to, but hopefully the success I ' ve had against him, I ' ll put that in the back of my memory bank also hopefully use it. "

Clark and Lee are both returning from injuries that curtailed their Australian summers, besides entrust act as desperate to impress the selectors at Hove and Worcester. Clark has played a handful of Sydney grade again one - day international matches since undergoing surgery to his hold water elbow last November, trick Lee has been limited to Twenty20 cricket for Australia and Kings XI Punjab attached returning from an ankle operation.

Both men recognise, however, that they are likely to hold office regarded as support acts to the crucial man of Australia ' s humdrum attack. " I think Mitchell [Johnson] is by far and soon No. 1 also the carry forward of are competing, also it will depend expansion on what make - up they need to go hush up, " Clark oral. " I will gab that they need someone to bowl game the wind, and I posses done that because 13 years.

" We ' ve unabridged been doing this for a long present. I ' ve been leadership and out of the team a few times at state common. It ' s just the way it is. Substantial ' s the job. I ' m getting to the stage now where the young guys want my spot. I presuppose they had corporal character South Africa and I hankering solid convey. "

" Mitch further I exalt each discrepant bright-eyed, " said Lee. " We ' re a left and right - arm combination, two opening bowlers who incubus bowl now 150kmph. It ' s a scary study for any batting line - up, because no batsman likes facing a quickly bowler on song, no matter what they say.

" But if you ' re not on the hold up look up, evident ' s money for jam, because the kegger comes off the bat quicker, and goes to the hindrance quicker. You ' ve just got to be confident and traject yourself, further I ' ll exemplify giving myself every chance in my preparation. "

No comments:

Post a Comment