Friday, July 3, 2009

McGrath passes on tips to Aussie pacemen



Glenn McGrath has passed on his assessment of England players to Australia's new bunch of pace bowlers to help them wrest an edge in the Ashes series beginning next week.

McGrath, who has an outstanding record against England with 157 wickets taken at an average of 20.92, met the current Australian fast bowlers in Worcester.

"I was just passing through town and Truck (Australian bowling coach Troy Cooley) said, 'Do you want to just come along and say something to the boys?'" McGrath said, adding: "We had a bowlers' meeting and I just sat in there and offered my US$ 5 worth. I passed on some of my thoughts about the series and about some of the England players," he was quoted as saying by the Herald Sun.

McGrath, the highest wicket-taker among pace bowlers with 563 Test scalps, however, said he had no wish to make a comeback. "It's good to catch up with the boys and if I can help out in some small way then - happy days. It's good value to be in the team atmosphere again -- but I don't want to play again."

No comments:

Post a Comment